To event organizers and marketers, live streaming offers the opportunity to engage people who may be familiar with your brand, but never attended your live event – or an entirely new audience who are unaware of your events.
Live streaming also allows online attendees to be part of the action as if they were in person, at the live event. This is great for those who are on the fence and want to know what to expect before committing. In fact, Digitell found that 30% of people who watch a live stream of an event will attend that same event the following year.
Everything involved in a successful live event can be stressful. You only have one chance to get it right – so don’t leave it to chance. Here is a list of must-do's we have compiled, from our experience, so you can ensure your live event is successful:
1. Start Your Promotions Early
2. Think About Your Online Audience Experience
3. Live Stream to Multiple Channels
4. Encourage Audience Participation
5. Don’t Underestimate the Requirements For a Professional Live Stream
6. Don’t Skimp On Bandwidth
7. Plan For What Comes AFTER the Event
8. Re-purpose Content to Extend the Shelf-life of Your Event
For a more detailed manual of this checklist, download the "How to ensure your live stream event is a success," guide below: