The great gathering of thinkers and leaders is coming up at the end of this month. The Aspen Ideas Festival, now in its eighth year, continues to draw heavyweights like Bill Clinton, Bill Gates and Barbra Streisand. On the schedule this year: Famed cyclist Lance Armstrong, Ehud Barak, Israel’s minister of defense, and David Brooks of the New York Times. As always, you can watch much of the festival live and on-demand at FORA.tv.
Each year festival organizers decide the big questions the Aspen Ideas Festival will tackle. Take a peek:
- In an election year, who will we “choose?”
- Is the economic crisis permanent?
- What are the prospects for democracy around the globe… starting with the US?
- How will we live in a world with seven billion people?
- In the 21st century, what role does art play?
- What do we believe and why?
- How will radically disruptive technology transform society?