This is an evening of celebration (and testing of nerves). At last — at long last — we will be relaunching FORA.tv with a bold new design, and more robust social features.
We’ve hinted about it on Flickr and Twitter, and are mere hours away from flipping the switch. Here’s just a taste of the new FORA.tv:
- You’ll find the top and featured videos on the homepage and topic pages, and an ongoing series devoted to the biggest issues of the day
- We’ve reduced the number of categories to six. And, the winners are: The Economy, Technology, Green, Politics, Science, and Culture
- Video sharing made easier: get yer video and RSS feeds now by topic, tag and series
- Join the Conversation! We’ve incorporated comment threading, and the ability to subscribe to receive an RSS feed of your favorite conversations on the site
- Wanna take it with you? FORA2Go is just for you. Here you’ll find iTunes podcasts in both long and short form, all the RSS for your feeding needs, an iGoogle widget showing what’s new, most watched, most commented, highest rated, and our best-selling weekly newsletter
What hasn’t changed is who we are. Unmediated media. That is, people speaking in their own words, about their own areas of expertise, knowledge, research and experience. And, the web’s largest aggregation of smart video online. Heavy!
Stay tuned for more nuggets in the coming days. As always, we’d love to hear what you think.